NCI Cancer Atlas
An interactive digital atlas that enables users to generate geographic maps of cancer rates, risk factors for cancer, screening statistics, and other geographically based data related to cancer. The system offers free data downoad for research purposes.
In the NCI Cancer Atlas you can:
- Select the type of Statistic and By-Variables shown on the map
- Change the colors and groups of mapped statistics by choosing from a variety of map options
- Extract the map by printing or saving an image or downloading the statistics in a delimited format for further analyses in other software
The NCI Cancer Atlas provides access to the following statistics:
- Demographics from the American Community Survey for 2014 to 2018
- SEER Incidence for 2013 to 2017 for the entire United States for available state registries
- US Mortality for 2014 to 2018 for the entire United States
- US Historical Mortality for 1970 to 2009 for the entire United States
- Prevalence Statistics for 2017
- Screening and Risk Factors from the BRFSS
If the statistics that you are interested in are not available in this tool, SEER provides cancer statistics in a variety of formats. See Statistical Summaries, Interactive Tools and Publications for more options.
This tool is not accessible to users of assistive technologies. All of the statistics displayed in the application are available as data tables in an accessible text version.