NCI GIS Portal
The NCI GeoViewer is a tool that allows users to create maps of cancer statistics, demographics, and risk factors.
In the NCI GeoViewer you can:
- Select the type of Statistic and By-Variables shown on the map
- Change the colors and groups of mapped statistics by choosing from a variety of map options
- Extract the map by printing or saving an image or downloading the statistics in a delimited format for further analyses in other software
The NCI GeoViewer provides access to the following statistics:
- Demographics from the American Community Survey for 2009 to 2013
- SEER Incidence for 2008 to 2012 for the entire United States for available state registries
- US Mortality for 2008 to 2012 for the entire United States
- US Historical Mortality for 1970 to 2009 for the entire United States
- Prevalence from the National Center for Health Statistics for 2015
- Screening and Risk Factors from the BRFSS
If the statistics that you are interested in are not available in this tool, SEER provides cancer statistics in a variety of formats. See Statistical Summaries, Interactive Tools and Publications for more options.
This tool is not accessible to users of assistive technologies. All of the statistics displayed in the application are available as data tables in an accessible text version.