Data & Tools
Installation Instructions for ArcMap Tools
These tools are for Esri ArcMap Versions 9.0 or 9.1 ONLY.
All tools require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1*.
- Save the Install file to your hard drive or a local network drive.
- Run the '.exe' self-extracting installer.
Warning: if the following screen is displayed when you try to install the tool, you must first remove the previous version of the tool, then run the installer again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
- Open ArcMap™.
Open the Tools menu and click Customize....
- If you have already created a custom toolbar, skip steps 6 and 7 and go to Step 8.
- On the Toolbars tab, click the New... button.
Name your toolbar and make sure the Save in box says "Normal.mxt".
- Click on the Commands tab.
On the Categories side (left), choose "NCI.GIS.Tools". On the right, the tool you just installed should be listed.
- Drag that tool's icon on top of the new toolbar that you created.
- Close the Customize dialog. You can dock the tool bar to the other toolbars in ArcMap.
*Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
The .NET Framework version 1.1 is a component of the Microsoft Windows® operating system used to build and run Windows-based applications.
Check to see if you have the .NET Framework installed by following these steps:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Select Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Applications are listed alphabetically. Look for "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1".
- If it is listed, then the correct version is already installed, and you do not need to install it again.