Online Training Resources for GIS
Researchers new to GIS may benefit from these online training and educational materials.
- What is GIS? - an overview of GIS with links to more detail, by Esri.
- Training at Esri Virtual Campus - training modules and workshops from Esri; many are free, others are for a fee; some are instructor-led, others are self-paced.
- Esri’s MOOC Program - free online classes on a variety of subjects from Esri.
- GIS for Chronic Disease Training from the CDC - a set of four online training modules focused on GIS use in health applications.
- GIS Specialization courses from University of California, Davis - a series of five online GIS MOOCs on Coursera. You can audit each course for free or pay a fee to get instructor support and a certificate.