The following professional journals deal with GIS or related topics.
- International Journal of Health Geographics
- International Journal of Geographical Information Science
- Annals of the Association of American Geographers
- The Professional Geographer - publishes short articles on academic or applied geography, emphasizing empirical studies and methodologies.
- Cartography and Geographic Information Science
- Health and Place - an interdisciplinary journal dedicated to the study of all aspects of health and health care in which place or location matters.
PubMed, a service of the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), provides access to MEDLINE citations for over 12 million scientific journal articles dating back to the 1960s. Searches of the PubMed databases are executed on NCBI's servers. Please read NCBI's disclaimer and copyright information before searching.
NLM's TOXMAP also includes a MEDLINE search tool.
Or use one of these prepared searches:
- Search PubMed for "Geographic Information Systems"
- Search PubMed for "Geographic Information Systems Cancer"
NIH researchers with access to www.isiknowledge.com may also try performing a Web of Science Search, which is wider in scope than PubMed.